How to Participate in Maryland EXCELS
Any licensed or registered center-based program, Head Start, family child care professional, public prekindergarten, or school-age program that is open and operating is eligible to participate in Maryland EXCELS. As a Maryland EXCELS participant, you commit to quality by engaging in an ongoing process of self-evaluation and improvement on behalf of your program.
Programs wishing to participate should complete a two-step process of registering and applying. Follow these simple instructions to complete this process and begin participating in Maryland EXCELS.
- Click “New User? Register Here” below to launch the registration portion of the process.
- Select your program type from the list of options. If you are a Department of Defense Military Program, you will register with an assigned program ID available through a Quality Assurance Specialist at the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE).
- Enter your license or registration number and other required information into the form. Create a user name and password for logging in to the system (Keep this information handy as you will need it for the next step.) Once all information has been entered, click the “register” button to move on to the second step: Application.
- To complete your application, enter the username and password you created during registration. Once you are logged in, the Maryland EXCELS Home tab provides a link to “Apply to Participate in Maryland EXCELS.” Your application is specifically designed for the program type identified during registration. Complete all required information for the application and click “submit application.”
Important Considerations and Next Steps:
- You must complete both the registration and application to participate in Maryland EXCELS.
- Be sure to double-check all of the information you’ve entered for accuracy before you submit your application.
- Once you submit your application, you are eligible for Child Care Subsidy reimbursement.
- Applications are processed by the Maryland EXCELS team. This application review period may take up to 2-4 weeks, at which time you will be assigned a Program Coordinator (PC) who will contact you and help guide you through the Maryland EXCELS online system.